The project partners bearing multi-year experience of working with children with autism and socially assisted technology propose the implementation of this feasibility study in order to test the proof of concept in using humanoid robot KASPAR in conjunction with complementary Apps for personal mobile devices as a novel intervention tool for provision of assistance to the therapists during the intervention and to the child beyond the intervention, on overcoming interaction difficulties and stimulating social interaction skills in children with autism.
Number and profile of participants
A group of twenty children with established diagnosis on autism from Macedonia, Croatia and UK, their parents and their therapists will be the principle participants to this project.
There are five project partners, with staff skilled in the field. These are:
- University Children’s Hospital (Skopje, Macedonia)
- Faculty of Education and Rehabilitation Sciences (Zagreb, Croatia)
- Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering, UKIM (Skopje, Macedonia)
- The University of Hertfordshire (Hatfield, UK)
- Beit Issie Shapiro – Amutat Avi (Ra’anana, Israel)